2015년 6월 8일 월요일

Reflection of SHELF Projects

<1st SHELF project -  Nampo-dong Tour>

My team, Choi Sungwon, Han Janghun and me, prepared a lot for our first SHELF
project. In order to introduce hot attractions in Nampo-dong in detail, I searched lots of things including each history of them. In a very natural way, therefore, I could be able to speak about them in English and stretch my skills as well. Plus, we interviewed a couple of backpackers from Holland. Although they are not shown in the video because it had to be cut for proper running time, we could listen their good opinion about Busan. It was the first time that I interviewed foreigners, so it was really impressive to me.

When it comes to pushing myself, I don't think I pushed myself enough. I had full scripts already prepared, so I could not feel that I had to push myself during making the video. However, I think it was my mistake. When I read script, it was getting boring and boring. Also, if I had pushed myself during making the video, I could have felt and learned more. Thus, I decided not to make scripts for next SHELF video (and I actually did not prepare!)

*Related materials;
You can learn more about Nampo-dong in English on the website below:
http://asiaenglish.visitkorea.or.kr/ena/SH/whereToShop/whereToShop.jsp?action=about&cid=998893


*language learning point;
How to introduce tourist attractions in English
Knowledge of historical background of Nampo-dong, Busan



<2nd SHELF project - Cooking Class(Making Carbonara)>


Proceeding this project, I focused on pushing myself and did not make any script as I said above. All I needed to do is to remember the word I would use. As a result, I really could enjoy the procedure. Moreover, I could find my weakness. I realized that I am too bad at speaking about some subjects such as cooking. I wrongly knew that I was not that bad at speaking English, but proper words that I would use did not occur to me when I was cooking! So, I felt that I should study things in various categories and read a lot. Also, as making video, I had some joke and it was really fun. Looking back, I tried to be too formal when I did such things. What I learned the most in this project was not specific words or expressions, but the direction which in I would study. If I had not pushed myself, I could have never know these. Thank you, SHELF projects!

*Related materials;
You can enjoy videos about how to make carbonarra on the website below:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=carbonarra

*language learning point;
Useful vocabulary while cooking



댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기